Sunday 30 October 2016

Avène Cleanse and Tone



I am gradually switching out from my Korean skincare range for reasons mentioned in my previous post.

Avène products are not new to me. Coming from Singapore, we are accessible to most of the brands, and that also means that skincare products are highly competitive too. I used to use their thermal water mist, and that’s about it.

I first discovered Micellar (water) lotion when I moved to Denmark 2 months ago and was planning some road trips, so I explored into skincare products “on the go” that are simplified but effective. I chanced upon the Micellar lotion and instantly hooked!

AVÈNE MICELLAR LOTION 
I have tried another brand of micellar water in prior to Avène’s, but I am definitely loving Avène’s because it smells so good! 
Description:Specially developed for sensitive skin and the delicate eye area, the Micellar Lotion from Avène gently removes dirt, make-up and impurities. Formulated with mild cleansing agents and the brand's Thermal Spring Water to support the skin's natural protective barrier, whilst leaving skin supple, smooth and soft. With its no-rinse formula, the soothing lotion prevents irritation and dryness by boosting moisture levels for healthy-looking skin and a balanced complexion. E.N. Paraben free.
Instruction:Apply the Micellar Lotion with a cotton pad to the face. No-rinse formula.
Ingredients:Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua). Pentylene Glycol. Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides. Disodium Edta. Fragrance (Parfum). Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil. Sclerotium Gum. Sodium Benzoate. Sodium Chloride.
  • Basically, it’s a no-rinse cleanser, so you see why it is ideal for traveling or on road trips when you want to pack light, but not compromising on skincare routine. I use this to remove basic makeup like non-waterproof eyeliner, CC/BB cream on face, and lip stain. I do use proper eye makeup remover to remove waterproof mascara though.  
    Verdict: I really love it!
    I am running out of my AHA gentle cleanser, and I am finding my skin dryer now so I decide to switch it out to something gentler and more hydrating - I still have my AHA exfoliator and mask, so I am covered in the exfoliation department.

    I only ordered Avène cleanser on my third order on lookfantastic after I have tried some of the Avène’s products. 
    Description:
    The Gentle Milk Cleanser from Avène intensely hydrates dry and extremely dry skin. Specially formulated with mild cleansing agents to gently remove dirt, make-up and impurities, the milky cleanser leaves skin supple with a silky smooth texture. Enriched with the brand's kind-to-skin Thermal Spring Water to prevent irritation and restore the skin's natural protective barrier. No need to rinse, the cleanser allows you to experience healthy-looking, revitalised skin, without leaving behind any sticky residue. E.N.

    Instruction:
    Apply with fingertips or damp cotton wool and massage lightly with light circular movements. Remove excess product using a cotton pad.
    Ingredients:
    Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua). Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum). Propylene Glycol. Peg-6 Stearate. Peg-32 Stearate. Butylparaben. Carbomer. Fragrance (Parfum). Phenoxyethanol. Propylene Glycol Stearate Se. Sodium Hyaluronate. Stearic Acid. Triethanolamine. Trisodium Edta.
    • Verdict: I have only used it a few times, but so far it cleanses really well, and doesn’t dry out my skin, so that’s a super plus point. I love how it leaves the skin soft and supple. Definitely a keeper.
      AVÈNE GENTLE TONER 
      This is to replace my favorite Korean toner mist (infused with vitamins!). All Avène products have a powdery scent, which is really pleasant. I am not exactly a fragrance-free person, as I find fragrance-free actually reeks of plastic and odd smell. I like some light refreshing scent that is not overwhelming, which adds pleasure (to olfactory) to the routine. 
      Description:
      The Gentle Toner from Avène effectively tones skin to deliver a fresh and rebalanced complexion. Specially developed for dry and sensitive skin, the delicate toner is formulated with natural silicates to shield the skin from environmental aggressors, whilst restoring the skin's natural hydrolipidic film to maintain moisture levels. Enriched with the brand's Thermal Spring Water to prevent irritation and leave skin calm, hydrated and soothed. E.N. Paraben and alcohol free. 
      Instruction:
      Shake well before use. Apply the toner with a cotton pad to a cleansed face. 
      Ingredients:Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua). Fragrance (Parfum). Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate. Phenoxyethanol. Sorbitol. Stearalkonium Hectorite. Trisodium Edta. Water (Aqua). 
      Verdit: It is sounding regimented but I truly love all the Avène products that I have bought so far. I love using toner, as it wipes the last traces of makeup and impurities that could be missed during cleansing - especially that I have left my clarisonic brush in Singapore (I brought the charger instead, duh!). Cleansing is probably the most important step in the skincare routine, so I am quite particular about it. This toner is really gentle, containing no alcohol, so it doesn’t dry out the skin. All their products leave your skin feeling hydrated and soft to touch.  
The next post is on the moisturising range that I’ve bought. 

2 comments:

  1. Avene Cleanser is really nice, made my skin feel really good and I managed to get a free Avene sample from fantastic freebies :) xx

    ReplyDelete